South East Regional Hub Event – Conference 2017
What are Regional Hubs?
ASET Regional Hub meetings came about in response to suggestions from you, our members, who wanted to meet locally and to share thoughts and hear about work taking place at HEPs local to them. Following successful trials in 2015, our Regional Hubs are now well established.
- Aim to meet 3 times a year, usually in September (at our annual conference), at the end of term in December, and during the Easter holiday in March/April
- Are 2 hours in duration
- Facilitate focussed discussions on a current topic relevant to our field – video introduction from ASET supplied
- Enable local networking to take place (outside of our conference and staff development workshops)
- Are complimentary to our members (each HEP may send up to 2 members of staff)
- Give opportunities to improve the links between individual members/local HEPs
- Can lead to the production of new ASET Viewpoints
- Hub events are supported by ASET with a trustee or member of the ASET Staff team in attendance at each event
Which Regional Hub do I belong to?
We have broadly split the UK into 5 regions as follows:
- South East
- South West
- Scotland and the North of England
- Northern Ireland and Eire
If you are unsure which Regional Hub you belong to, please contact the ASET Office.
How do I host a Regional Hub meeting?
Regional hub meeting are normally 2 hours in duration. If you would like to host a Regioanl Hub event for your region and have a venue which could comfortably accommodate between 25-50 people, and light refreshments could be provided, please contact us.