ASET aims to support practitioners and researchers in work based and placement learning, through its Research Group, and Practice and Research Network.
The Research Group is responsible for several key activities at ASET, namely the:
• Awarding and supervision of the Research Bursary, for small-scale research into Placement or Work Based Learning
• Awarding and supervision of the Exploration and Enhancement Student Bursary, for small-scale student projects on Placement or Work Based Learning
• Reviewing and selection of research papers for the annual conference
• Recommending and commissioning research on behalf of ASET
• Recommending and commissioning publications, including our Good Practice Guides, on behalf of ASET
Currently ASET publications and Annual Conference proceedings are available for download from the Publications page. Conference proceedings date back several years. Links to ISBNs are contained in individual documents. There is a full range of papers covering all aspects of placement management and research. In recent years several of these have been peer reviewed and published in academic journals.
ASET publications include the ASET Good Practice Guide for Work Based and Placement Learning in Higher Education, Health and Safety Guidance, use of IT systems and practitioner guidelines. We also publish ASET Viewpoints to support the sector in policy debate. ASET guides are sector leading, often co-authored resources.
We also have our Practice and Research Network, a community organised through our LinkedIn pages, which has a great number of individuals engaged in discussion, collaboration and sharing of their work. The Network meets twice in the year, once at Conference and again in the spring, where colleagues come together to disseminate findings and identify more work that can be undertaken. To contribute to, and learn from the Network, simply join the LinkedIn group and then select the Network area, everyone from a member institution is welcome.