Our Practice and Research Network is a community organised through our LinkedIn pages, which has a great number of individuals engaged in discussion, collaboration and sharing of their work. The Network meets twice in the year, once at Conference, and again in the Spring, where colleagues come together to disseminate findings and identify more work that can be undertaken. To contribute to, and learn from, the Network, simply join the LinkedIn group and then select the Network area, everyone from a member institution is welcome. Here you can ask questions and exchange practice with others working in the field from across the UK and beyond.
Practice and Research Network (PRN) Meeting
Wednesday 10th March 2021
We were pleased to welcome members’ to the Spring 2021 Practice and Research Network (PRN) online event, where eight Research Showcases were shared. Free of Charge to ASET members, this event was well attended and supported. Alongside the Presenters, it was particularly good to welcome delegates as observers beginning to think about how they might get started with their own research into Work based and Placement Learning.
1. Exploring the motivation for professional support staff engagement with fellowship of the HEA (Higher Education Academy), Helen Hooper, Northumbria University
2. Revamping a Placement Module, Sam McKinstrie, Robert Gordon University
3. International work placements and hierarchies of distinction, Helena Pimlott-Wilson, Loughborough University
4. Measuring the impact of work-based learning on physics students’ career readiness,Andrew Hirst, University of York
5. Lights, Camera, Action! Communicating employability in front of the camera through the Connect to Business Programme, Simon Fraser, Robert Gordon University
6. The Futures Award at Derby: Developing an Opportunity for Students to gain Employability skills when they’ve never been employed, Val Derbyshire, University of Derby
7. Mindset: A Predictor of Career Engagement of Undergraduates, Julie Udell, University of Portsmouth
8. Top tips for getting started in work-based learning research, Sarah Flynn, University of Hertfordshire
This was a great opportunity for members to share their research with others, through 5 minute presentations with follow up discussions.
The Practice and Research Network (PRN) meeting Research Showcase is now available for download